The Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ) was established in 1959. We are a professional organization in the State of New Jersey with a current membership of over 430. We have representatives from state, counties, municipal governments, authorities and boards of education.
The primary objectives of our organization are to provide and encourage professionalism and to improve the competence of individuals who are responsible for procurement using public funds.In order to achieve this mission, we will:
- Promote and foster professional competence and stature of all persons engaged in governmental purchasing.
- Encourage governmental purchasing personnel to promote and seek professional certifications
- Recognize the importance of education and life-long learning by encouraging others and participating in both continuing education and higher education programs.
- Promote and foster the acceptance of the purchasing profession as a vital management function for governmental entities.
- Study, discuss and recommend improvements in governmental purchasing and assist in establishing purchasing units, where feasible, throughout the State of New Jersey.
- Exchange ideas and experiences and obtain expert advice on local and statewide purchasing problems.
- Collect specification and bid documents for governmental buying and distribute same to members of this organization, and other disciplines.
- Upon request, collect and distribute to governmental purchasing officials, information on the organization and administration of government buying.
- Work for improvement of laws relating to governmental purchasing and general financial management.